- LOCATION: Manila, Philippines
- STATUS: Construction Documentation
- ARCHITECT OF RECORD: Archion Architects
- PROJECT TEAM: Carlos Arnaiz, Melissa Bauld, Laura del Pino
- CLIENT: Private
- GENERAL CONTRACTOR: DMCI
- CONSULTANTS: Schlaich Bergermann + Partners, Jun Cammayo
The design for the RBA House was conceptualized with the intention of creating a domestic space that is wholly volumetric, breaking down exterior and interior boundaries within a private space. Combining a mixture of raw and man-made materials, such as wood, steel, and glass, the House’s design explores how we occupy natural versus built environments. By opening up the centrally-located communal living space into the outdoor courtyard, the House’s inhabitants are able to seamlessly connect with the natural environment in which the House is situated.