New Supreme Court
- LOCATION: Manila, Philippines
- STATUS: Competition Finalist
- PROJECT TEAM: Carlos Arnaiz, Yuan Jin, Laura Del Pino, Kelvin Tseng, Craig Sinclair, Lauren Kirk, Gaby San Roman, Luis Lopez Soriano, Simran Singh, Valentina Buratti, Jiajun Zhang, Ignacio Revenga
- CLIENT: Supreme Court of the Philippines
- CONSULTANTS: ARUP, NSI Architecture Planner Consultancy, Landstyle
CAZA’s new Supreme Court for the Philippines is a symbol of judicial transparency for Asia’s oldest democracy. The building is a 3-dimensional hyperbolic loop hanging over a botanical garden whose form represents the complex functional interconnections required by contemporary court houses. Composed of six rectangular volumes engineered to create one integrated seamless work environment for the delivery of judicial services, the open architectural form created also enables the building to sustain a collection of locally-themed gardens through rainwater-harvesting terraces. The building stands as a monument to multiplicity – a totem of connectivity that connects with the tradition of tribal architecture in the Philippines, while employing new technologies that envision a more optimistic way of living on our planet.