La Salle Church
- LOCATION: Binan City, Laguna, Philippines
- STATUS: Under Construction
- ARCHITECT OF RECORD: NSI Architecture Planner Consultancy
- PROJECT TEAM: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura del Pino, Tzu-Yin Wang, Alex Tseng
- CLIENT: De La Salle University – Science & Technology Complex
- CONSULTANTS: Meliton A. Nague, atm Electrical Engineering Consultant, Jose Marius R. Tuazon, Sean Bryner S. Rey
The design of the church plays with the idea of boundaries, between the lightness of the porous skin and the weight of the sanctuary. How do we go from being outside of a group to being within a faith? Through an array of tangent circles, the church creates pockets for liturgical functions that vary in spatial constraints and degrees of formality, placing us along the periphery of a space in order to reveal inside and outside as contingent states of being. As part of a larger university master plan, the church is an integral component in weaving together culture and ecology by offering users a different idea of inclusiveness.